Plans to tear down deteriorating Coxton bridge over Susquehanna approved
Misericordia to arm some campus security personnel
Lehman-Jackson Elementary School was abuzz about honeybees
Block Party at Back Mountain Memorial Library teaches about relationships, spacial concepts and architecture
Hikes, games, planting featured at JCC Camp’s New Year of the Trees event
- Plans to tear down deteriorating Coxton bridge over Susquehanna approved - 3:32 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- Classes offered at Back Mountain Memorial Library - 11:20 am
- Misericordia to arm some campus security personnel - 11:15 am
- Lehman-Jackson Elementary School was abuzz about honeybees - 10:56 am
- Warmer temperatures, chance of rain expected as the week rolls along - 6:53 am
- Saidman announces run for Luzerne County Council - 5:35 pm
- Block Party at Back Mountain Memorial Library teaches about relationships, spacial concepts and architecture - 1:13 pm
- Hikes, games, planting featured at JCC Camp’s New Year of the Trees event - 1:07 pm
- Association for the Blind skating event gives kids new experiences - 12:59 pm
- Spring-like weather expected in Wyoming Valley into midweek - 7:09 am updated: 8:46 am.
- January Students of the Month named at Lake-Lehman Junior/Senior High School - 7:54 pm
- Dallas Elementary School third-grade students donate to Clothing Closet - 7:46 pm
- Back Mountain Chamber hears presentation on pipeline - 4:38 pm
- Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Feb. 20, 2017 - 4:36 pm
- Only yesterday: Lehman High School students procured 1-year-old hog in 1947 - 4:33 pm
- Your Space: Share your favorite photos with Dallas Post readers - 4:27 pm
- Capitol roundup: Bill would severely limit women’s health care options, Wolf says - 11:36 am
- Growth, nursing shortage leads to recruitment at NEPA hopitals, clinics - 11:21 am
- Local school district payments to charter schools shot up 70 percent in 6 years. - 11:13 am
- Luzerne County district attorney issues new alert on dangerous drug - 7:41 pm updated: 8:32 pm.
- Wendy Cominsky announces Luzerne County Council run - 6:08 pm
- Sunshine, warmer temperatures expected this weekend - 7:27 am
- PennDOT official: State making progress on structurally deficient bridges - 7:28 pm
- Gianfarcaro running for Luzerne County Council - 7:11 pm
- Repairs cleared for Luzerne County prison elevator involved in July deaths - 6:30 pm
Spring-like weather expected in Wyoming Valley into midweek
It’s going to continue to feel like spring in the Wyoming Valley, as sunny skies and warmer temperatures are expected to stick around this week....
January Students of the Month named at Lake-Lehman Junior/Senior High School
Each month, the faculty and staff at Lake-Lehman Junior/Senior High SChool recognize four Students of the Month based on their demonstration of citize...
Dallas Elementary School third-grade students donate to Clothing Closet
Recently, Ms. Regan Palfey’s third-grade class representatives of the Dallas Elementary School held a hat and glove drive for the St. Vincent De...
Back Mountain Chamber hears presentation on pipeline
The Back Mountain Chamber of Commerce held its February luncheon at Fire & Ice on Toby Creek in Shavertown. Michael Atchie, Manager of Public Outr...
Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Feb. 20, 2017
The following is the menu for the Dallas Senior Center for the week of Feb. 27:MONDAY: Chicken salad on whole wheat sandwich roll with lettuce and tom...
Only yesterday: Lehman High School students procured 1-year-old hog in 1947
20 YEARS AGO - 1997Earlier this month, the U.M.W. Officers of the Shavertown Methodist Church were officially installed by Pastor Douglas and Pastor J...
WVC Boys Basketball All-Stars announced
PLAINS TWP. — Hazleton Area’s Jeff Planutis, Meyers’ Jawane Buckner and Wyoming Seminary’s Jeremy Callahan were selected divis...
Man on the street: ‘What is your favorite professional sports team?’
“The Philadelphia Eagles. The future is bright for them because of the rookie quarterback. Go Wentzylvania.”Paul Lawrence BraceDallas̶...
Krochta, Reinert 1-2 sparks comeback by Dallas boys swim team
DALLAS TWP. – Mikail Krochta and his Dallas teammates track the progress of the meet closely, so they knew what was needed as they reached the f...
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS ROUNDUP
DALLAS TWP. – Annalise Cheshire and Abby Zolner each won four events Wednesday as the Dallas girls swim team defeated visiting Tunkhannock, 119-...
Back Mountain high school roundup
DALLAS TWP. – Lake-Lehman went into the final event of the meet with a chance to pull out a victory Wednesday before falling short against visit...
DALLAS TWP. – Dallas overpowered Lake-Lehman with the strength of its lineup early to build a big lead, then added the clutch, close wins necess...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Dallas Lions Club receives contribution
The Dallas Lions Club was host to Mark Mizenko, Lions district governor; and Dr. Bill McLaughlin, vice district governor; at a meeting at the Checkerb...
GFWC-West Side donates to Toys for Tots
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs-West Side, a volunteer organization, gathered at the Wyoming Valley Country Club, Hanover Township, and ...
MLK Day joins faiths and religions at Misericordia
Representatives of nine different faiths and religious traditions joined at Misericordia University for the third annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, ...
Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Feb. 13
The following is the menu for the Dallas Senior Center week of Feb. 13:MONDAY: Taco salad, Chuck Wagon corn, crackers, diced peaches, milk and coffee....
Masonic Village at Dallas honors veterans
A Veteran’s Recognition Program was held at the Irem Clubhouse to honor veterans residing at the Dallas Masonic Village. Each veteran received a...
Meadows Auxiliary sponsors holiday party
Volunteers, staff and residents at Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Dallas, enjoyed the annual holiday party sponsored by the auxiliary. R...
Dallas resident Bob Matley retires from Community Bank N.A.
WILKES-BARRE — After a 42-year career of service to the banking industry and Community Bank N.A., Dallas resident Bob Matley has retired.Through...
YOUR SPACE: Share your favorite photos with Dallas Post readers
Marilyn Gregorski, of Dallas, recently spent a day in New York City and said the hustle and bustle of the crowds make the city more fun. Marilyn enjoy...
Big Bellies Deli, opening this month in Dallas, is all about convenience
DALLAS — Home-cooked “grab-and-go” meals are the focus of Big Bellies Deli, which plans to open this month at 2925 Memorial Hwy.Twen...
Only Yesterday: Alicia Roncevich, Tara Puffenberger and Peter Recchia played reindeer in school play in 1996
20 years ago - 1996Alicia Roncevich, Tara Puffenberger and Peter Recchia played reindeer in the annual Christmas play presented Sunday by the gate of ...
Chick-Fil-A Express opens at Misericordia University Nov. 10
DALLAS TWP. — Chick-Fil-A Express will open in the Banks Student Life building at Misericordia University in Dallas Thursday, Nov. 10.“Chi...
G+ME Children’s Yoga and Boutique opens in Twin Stack Center
DALLAS TWP. — Namaste to the Back Mountain and surrounding communities from the area’s new business, G+ME Children’s Yoga & Bout...