Dallas School District teachers’ negotiations hit another road block
Plans to tear down deteriorating Coxton bridge over Susquehanna approved
Misericordia to arm some campus security personnel
Lehman-Jackson Elementary School was abuzz about honeybees
Block Party at Back Mountain Memorial Library teaches about relationships, spacial concepts and architecture
- Lake-Lehman elementary students named to Honor Roll - 2:11 pm
- Wilkes-Barre Township police plug for drug tip line goes viral - 8:05 pm
- Moules’ estate files lawsuit over Luzerne County prison elevator death - 5:57 pm updated: 6:59 pm.
- Bartoli announces Luzerne County Council run - 8:44 pm
- Financial support available for Luzerne County residents caring for elderly loved ones - 6:47 pm updated: 7:23 pm.
- Joey Parson leads Dallas to a 75-70 victory over Wyoming Valley West - 10:20 am
- Rain, thunderstorms, snow in this weekend’s forecast - 7:37 am updated: 8:58 am.
- Collin Lunger announces candidacy for Wyoming County coroner - 7:35 am
- Rain, thunderstorms, snow in the forecast this weekend - 7:32 am
- Back Mountain residents in the news - 8:04 pm
- Back Mountain civic briefs - 8:04 pm
- Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins visit Lake-Noxen first grade class - 8:03 pm
- Vough running for Luzerne County Council - 8:01 pm
- Luzerne County suicides on the decline - 7:11 pm
- Paige and Piper are at Blue Chip Farm awaiting their fur-ever home - 1:18 pm
- Trucksville Early Childhood Education Center students celebrate 100 Days of School - 1:17 pm
- Trucksville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company receives $5,000 grant from PennEast Pipeline - 12:58 pm
- Dallas School District teachers’ negotiations hit another road block - 12:55 pm
- Dallas Education Association issues new strike date - 11:04 am updated: 11:28 am.
- Photos or antique farm tools sought for Dallas Township bicentennial celebration - 9:17 am
- Dallas High School Lock-In Rummage Sale volunteers and donations sought - 9:15 am
- Warmth, chance of rain expected as the weekend approaches - 7:05 am
- Plans to tear down deteriorating Coxton bridge over Susquehanna approved - 3:32 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- Classes offered at Back Mountain Memorial Library - 11:20 am
- Misericordia to arm some campus security personnel - 11:15 am
Back Mountain residents in the news
Two on dean’s listClara Grube, of Trucksville and Abigail Bendick, of Shavertown, have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester...
Back Mountain civic briefs
Share those old family recipesDALLAS — A commemorative cookbook is being planned as part of this year’s Dallas Days Bicentennial Celebrati...
Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins visit Lake-Noxen first grade class
HARVEYS LAKE — Handstands, unsolicited writing on the white board and teasing other students would easily result in a note to parents from Lehma...
Vough running for Luzerne County Council
Pittston resident Matthew Vough has announced he is running for Luzerne County Council as a Democrat.Vough, 24, graduated from the Scranton Preparator...
Luzerne County suicides on the decline
For the first time since 2009, the number of suicides in Luzerne County has dipped below 50, new statistics show.In 2016, a total of 49 county residen...
Paige and Piper are at Blue Chip Farm awaiting their fur-ever home
Paige and Piper are young female Tortoise kittens. A bonded pair, these sisters are spayed, up to date on their shots and feline testing. Social and v...
Shavertown resident John Sumoski to be inducted into Pitt- Johnstown Athletic Hall of Fame in April
John Sumoski has been back to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown in the last half dozen years.When he returns in April, Sumoski hopes as many o...
Dallas lady cagers grab stunning 66-40 victory over Wyoming Area
YATESVILLE – Dallas entered the District 2 Class 4A girls basketball tournament with a .500 record as it prepared to face a field that included ...
District 2 Wrestling Seedings released
YATESVILLE — All season, the two most dominant wrestlers in the Wyoming Valley Conference have been Hazleton Area’s Jimmy Hoffman and Tunk...
Maddie Kelly, Cole Spencer named first team basketball all stars
Maddie Kelley from Dallas and Cole Spencer from Lake-Lehman each received first-team divisional honors when Wyoming Valley Conference basketball coach...
Boys Basketball: Dallas outlasts Wyoming Valley West in a thriller
EXETER — As frantic as the first 31½ minutes were, the final 30 seconds went by with barely a whimper.Alex Charlton hit a pair of free thro...
WVC Girls Basketball All-Stars selected
Wyoming Valley West senior Erin Gibbons (Division 1), Nanticoke senior Kayla Aufiero (Division 2) and Northwest sophomore Brenna Babcock (Division 3) ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Gate of Heaven Altar & Rosary Society elects officers
The Altar & Rosary Society of Gate of Heaven Church, Dallas, installed new officers for 2017. Society members, from left, are: Marianne Cogan, cor...
Misericordia student teachers receive assignments
Misericordia University teacher education majors received their student teaching assignments for the spring semester. Participants, seated from left, ...
Dallas Lions Club receives contribution
The Dallas Lions Club was host to Mark Mizenko, Lions district governor; and Dr. Bill McLaughlin, vice district governor; at a meeting at the Checkerb...
GFWC-West Side donates to Toys for Tots
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs-West Side, a volunteer organization, gathered at the Wyoming Valley Country Club, Hanover Township, and ...
MLK Day joins faiths and religions at Misericordia
Representatives of nine different faiths and religious traditions joined at Misericordia University for the third annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, ...
Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Feb. 13
The following is the menu for the Dallas Senior Center week of Feb. 13:MONDAY: Taco salad, Chuck Wagon corn, crackers, diced peaches, milk and coffee....
Dallas resident Bob Matley retires from Community Bank N.A.
WILKES-BARRE — After a 42-year career of service to the banking industry and Community Bank N.A., Dallas resident Bob Matley has retired.Through...
YOUR SPACE: Share your favorite photos with Dallas Post readers
Marilyn Gregorski, of Dallas, recently spent a day in New York City and said the hustle and bustle of the crowds make the city more fun. Marilyn enjoy...
Big Bellies Deli, opening this month in Dallas, is all about convenience
DALLAS — Home-cooked “grab-and-go” meals are the focus of Big Bellies Deli, which plans to open this month at 2925 Memorial Hwy.Twen...
Only Yesterday: Alicia Roncevich, Tara Puffenberger and Peter Recchia played reindeer in school play in 1996
20 years ago - 1996Alicia Roncevich, Tara Puffenberger and Peter Recchia played reindeer in the annual Christmas play presented Sunday by the gate of ...
Chick-Fil-A Express opens at Misericordia University Nov. 10
DALLAS TWP. — Chick-Fil-A Express will open in the Banks Student Life building at Misericordia University in Dallas Thursday, Nov. 10.“Chi...
G+ME Children’s Yoga and Boutique opens in Twin Stack Center
DALLAS TWP. — Namaste to the Back Mountain and surrounding communities from the area’s new business, G+ME Children’s Yoga & Bout...