Luzerne County Election Day security protocols detailed
Lake-Lehman High School Theatre Troupe to perform ‘Schoolhouse Rock’ Nov. 12, 13
Sandy is at Blue Chip Farm Animal Refuge awaiting a fur-ever home
Folks meet ‘Fruity-Patootie’ during pre-Halloween lesson on live bats in Dallas
Dallas boys run to another district cross country title
- Wind chills keep Friday’s weather cooler in the Wyoming Valley - 7:21 am
- Luzerne County Election Day security protocols detailed - 6:44 pm updated: 11:27 am.
- Penn State Wilkes-Barre to offer Leadership for Engineers program starting in January - 10:41 am
- Lake-Lehman High School Theatre Troupe to perform ‘Schoolhouse Rock’ Nov. 12, 13 - 10:40 am
- Zombies converge at Lake-Lehman Jr./Sr. High School Oct. 23 - 10:31 am
- Folks meet ‘Fruity-Patootie’ during pre-Halloween lesson on live bats in Dallas - 10:12 am
- AAA: Wilkes-Barre’s average gas price up 4 cents from last week - 9:20 am
- Mixture of sunshine, chance of rain expected into the weekend - 6:59 am
- Crackdown on drug dealers needed in Luzerne County, officials say - 7:30 pm updated: 8:39 pm.
- Back Mountain employees honored by Allied Services - 2:47 pm
- G + ME, a children’s yoga studio and boutique, to open in Dallas Twp. - 2:19 pm
- Back Mountain Memorial Library to host ‘Extravagant Holiday Sale’ Nov. 18, 19 - 1:53 pm
- Gate of Heaven Altar and Rosary Society celebrates 60th annual birthday tea Sept. 25 in Dallas - 1:49 pm
- Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Oct. 31, 2016 - 1:43 pm
- Though they can’t vote, Lake-Lehman sophomores worried about presidential election consequences - 1:06 pm
- Wyoming Valley could see first snowflakes fall tonight, into Thursday morning - 7:05 am updated: 10:19 am.
- Sale of Luzerne County’s old juvenile detention center rejected - 10:37 pm updated: 12:05 pm.
- Lehman-Jackson Elementary mock election names Clinton presidential winner - 7:08 pm updated: 11:46 am.
- Luzerne County pumping out absentee ballots - 6:14 pm
- AAA: Local average gas price climbed by 2 cents overnight - 7:52 am
- Wyoming Valley could see rain, snow showers on Wednesday night - 7:01 am
- Contraband-delivering rocks and balls a concern at Luzerne County prison if adjacent site sold - 7:34 pm
- Wycallis Elementary students entertain and enlighten visitors with Living Wax Museum in Dallas Twp. - 5:21 pm
- Back Mountain Harvest Assembly holds first-ever Fall Festival and Food Truck Fare - 11:35 am
- Sunshine, cooler temperatures expected in the Wyoming Valley through the midweek - 7:00 am
- Luzerne County hits a new record high for drug overdose deaths - 9:30 pm updated: 9:30 pm.
- Hacking and vote rigging not a worry in Luzerne County, election official says - 10:05 am updated: 10:08 am.
- Cool and windy today with some rain in the Wyoming Valley; sunshine Sunday - 9:45 am
- Luzerne County picks up more than 10,000 voters since primary election - 5:09 pm updated: 8:14 pm.
- Local, state and national economic growth reported at economic summit - 3:27 pm updated: 8:20 pm.
- Dietrich Theater in Tunkhannock to host first-ever Fright Night fundraiser Oct. 28-31 - 10:54 am
- AAA: National average gas price down a few pennies from last week - 7:44 am
- Showers, cooler temperatures expected in the Wyoming Valley into the weekend - 7:33 am
- First-time voters share their thoughts about this presidential election - 7:34 pm updated: 10:26 pm.
- Cooking classes to be held at Verve Vertu Art Studio in Dallas - 12:22 pm
- AAA: National average gas price climbed by a penny overnight - 11:27 am
- Heavy rain predicted for the Wyoming Valley into the weekend - 7:13 am
- Effectiveness of Luzerne County’s attempt to sell unused vehicles questioned - 7:46 pm
- Mission group at Fellowship Church in Dallas Township talks about trip to Prague - 4:29 pm updated: 4:51 pm.
- The Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center holds Fall Craft Fair Oct. 19 - 4:23 pm
- Barre workouts reach into Back Mountain as The Zen Barre Studio opens - 4:05 pm
- Back Mountain Trick or Treat Neighborhood to be held at Luzerne County Fairgrounds Oct. 31 - 3:38 pm
- Paranormal investigators discuss ghost behavior at Wyoming Valley Civil War Round Table meeting in Dallas - 3:35 pm
- Get creative this fall at the Back Mountain Memorial Library - 2:10 pm
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Dallas Twp. hosting roast beef supper Nov. 5 - 1:26 pm
- Leaf collection begins Nov. 1 in Dallas Borough - 1:10 pm updated: 1:10 pm.
- Dallas Knights of Columbus hold spaghetti dinner Oct. 9 - 1:06 pm
- Misericordia Players to present production of ‘Wit’ Oct. 27-29 - 1:00 pm
- Misericordia University to host free community event to help with Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment - 12:55 pm
- Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Oct. 24, 2016 - 12:37 pm
Back Mountain employees honored by Allied Services
CLARKS SUMMIT — Allied Services Integrated Health System recognized six of its employees at an annual awards ceremony held in the Graf Community...
G + ME, a children’s yoga studio and boutique, to open in Dallas Twp.
DALLAS — G + ME, a children’s yoga studio and boutique, will open in November at the Twin Stacks Center in Dallas. The studio and boutique...
Back Mountain Memorial Library to host ‘Extravagant Holiday Sale’ Nov. 18, 19
The Back Mountain Memorial Library will host its ‘Extravagant Holiday Sale’ 1 to 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18 and 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, ...
Gate of Heaven Altar and Rosary Society celebrates 60th annual birthday tea Sept. 25 in Dallas
DALLAS — The Altar and Rosary Society of Gate of Heaven Church held its 60th Annual Birthday Tea on Sunday, Sept. 25.It is the society’s b...
Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Oct. 31, 2016
DALLAS — Active Adult Centers sponsored by the Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties offer hot noon meals Monday through Friday ...
Though they can’t vote, Lake-Lehman sophomores worried about presidential election consequences
LEHMAN TWP. — The derogatory words used by the presidential candidates is a ploy to capture media attention, said 15-year-old Stephanie Chaga, a...
H.S. field hockey: Dallas field hockey wins District 2 playoff openers
Dallas’ Hannah Yanovich opened the postseason with a hat trick and the Mountaineers cruised to a 5-0 win over Wallenpaupack on Tuesday in the Di...
H.S. cross country: Dallas, Lake-Lehman girls teams sending runners to states
CHAPMAN LAKE – Dallas and Lake-Lehman finished third and fourth out of 14 Class 2A girls teams at the District 2 Cross Country Championships Wed...
H.S. cross country: Dallas boys earn team championship, individual medals
CHAPMAN LAKE – A total of 67 full teams entered one of the six races in the District 2 Cross Country Championships Wednesday at Lakeland High Sc...
H.S. girls soccer: Lake-Lehman improvises for win over Wyoming Seminary
KINGSTON – When Lake-Lehman took 11 straight attempts in the first half, but could not erase Holy Redeemer’s lead, the Black Knights looke...
Dallas boys soccer advances on penalty kicks over Wyoming Valley West
DALLAS TWP. — When Wyoming Valley West’s Claas Nemitz found the back of the net to tie Dallas with 22:22 left in regulation, Mountaineers ...
Dallas boys run to another district cross country title
CHAPMAN LAKE — Dallas is headed back to Hershey to try to defend its state Class 2A boys cross country championship.This time, the Mountaineers ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Back Mountain Food Pantry needs replenishing
BACK MOUNTAIN - Help from the public is needed to restock the shelves at the Back Mountain Food Pantry, lower level of the Trucksville United Methodis...
Man on the Street: ‘What’s the scariest movie you ever saw?’
“‘The Grudge.’ This is kinda of like an Asian spirit-thing, like Japanese, and it frightens people to death when they see it.”...
Your Space: Share your favorite photos with Dallas Post readers
Marilyn Gregorski, of Dallas, took this photo during late summer vacation on Long Beach Island, N.J. In this photo, Gregorski said, ‘The full mo...
Only Yesterday: Robert Parry, Dallas, named ‘Man of the Year’ by Dallas service clubs in 1966
Editor’s note: The Dallas Post is 127 years old. Information for “Only Yesterday” is printed exactly as it appeared originally.20 ye...
Thomas’ Market donates to local causes
Thomas’ Family Market held a Spring Chicken Barbecue as well as a Charity Golf Tournament at Blue Ridge Trail Golf Course. Portions of the proce...
Greater Federation of Women’s Club holds annual raffle
Harveys Lake General Federation of Women’s Club is holding its annual raffle Thursday, Dec. 1. Ticket sales for the drawing can be purchased by ...
The Silver Broomstick flys into Shavertown, offers unique products, insight on Pagan beliefs
KINGSTON TWP. —What patrons will find inside the Silver Broomstick is more than an entrepreneurial couple selling their wares — one may fi...
Chamber Notes: Back Mountain Chamber welcomes new members
August was another quiet month for the Back Mountain Chamber, as many members were enjoying some last minute summer vacation time before school starts...
A touch of Ireland moves into the Back Mountain with Clancy’s Bar and Grill in Dallas Twp.
DALLAS TWP. — A place of friendship and a relaxed atmosphere mixed with good food and drinks sums up the Back Mountain’s newest dining est...
Move Better opens in Shavertown
KINGSTON TWP. — Ken Wall is breaking through the traditional stereotype fitness center business model with a cutting-edge plan to help his clien...
Hearing on PennEast Pipeline environmental impact set for Aug. 17 in Wilkes-Barre
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will hold a public hearing on the agency’s draft environmental impact study on the PennEast Pipeline fr...