Luzerne County Council member criticizes colleague’s “threatening behavior”
Misericordia University and King’s College welcomes new students
Gregory Strazdus pleads guilty to Harveys Lake hit-and-run; ordered to pay $44K to victim
Car show, a major Lake-Lehman band fund raiser, impacted by heavy rain
Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS receives $218,000 grant
- Luzerne County tax-auction deserters a concern - 3:51 pm updated: 4:17 pm.
- Sunshine, hot temperatures continue today and Sunday in the Wyoming Valley - 9:45 am
- New amenities discussed for Dallas Township and Kunkle parks - 8:14 pm
- AAA: National average gas price continued to climb overnight - 7:32 am
- Sunshine, hot temperatures expected in the Wyoming Valley this weekend - 7:22 am
- Luzerne County Council member criticizes colleague’s “threatening behavior” - 4:56 pm updated: 5:32 pm.
- Misericordia University and King’s College welcomes new students - 4:34 pm
- Gregory Strazdus pleads guilty to Harveys Lake hit-and-run; ordered to pay $44K to victim - 12:27 pm updated: 1:53 pm.
- Car show, a major Lake-Lehman band fund raiser, impacted by heavy rain - 9:44 am
- AAA: Average gas prices continued their ascent overnight - 9:06 am
- Sunshine expected in the Wyoming Valley into the weekend - 7:21 am
- Luzerne County prison oversight options debated in light of mounting problems - 7:10 pm updated: 1:31 pm.
- Dallas Council 8224 of the Knights of Columbus donate $1,000 to Go Joe XIX fundraiser - 3:32 pm
- Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS receives $218,000 grant - 3:25 pm
- A touch of Ireland moves into the Back Mountain with Clancy’s Bar and Grill in Dallas Twp. - 3:17 pm updated: 11:26 am.
- Luzerne County Bar Association Charitable Foundation Inc. donates to Jewish Community Alliance Day Camp Scholarship Fund - 2:44 pm
- Dallas artist Sue Hand to display plein air paintings of Harveys Lake Sept. 2, 3 and 5 - 2:36 pm
- Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Aug. 29, 2016 - 1:56 pm
- Back Mountain Bloomers donate to Eagle Scout John Macey of Troop 281 in Dallas - 1:19 pm
- Daddow-Isaacs Dallas American Legion Post 672 holds annual peach sale - 1:13 pm
- Dallas students attend health sciences camp at Misericordia University - 1:09 pm
- Contractor files for time extension to complete bridge on Huntsville Road in Shavertown - 11:38 am
- AAA: Average gas prices continued to climb overnight - 7:24 am
- Chance of showers, thunderstorms expected as the weekend approaches - 7:19 am
- Luzerne County prison overtime flagged as budgetary concern - 10:53 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Luzerne County DA assumes control of drug task force from AG’s office - 5:46 pm updated: 8:24 pm.
- Dallas High School students’ photo chosen for Down syndrome awareness project on Times Square Megatron - 4:55 pm
- Backpack donation helps families in the Lake-Lehman School District - 3:48 pm
- Sickler Road in Kingston Township closed Aug. 24 - 1:42 pm
- AAA: Average gas prices climbed by a few cents overnight - 10:39 am
- Sunshine, patchy fog predicted in the Wyoming Valley - 7:22 am
- Luzerne County proposes combining Wilkes-Barre magisterial offices - 5:32 pm
- Sunshine, patchy fog forecast for the Wyoming Valley into the midweek - 7:22 am
- Showers and thunderstorms, possible windy conditions and heavy rainfall today for Luzerne County - 9:43 am updated: 11:26 am.
- Classic boats take to Harveys Lake - 9:14 am
- County looking to stop repeated bankruptcies being used to avoid paying property taxes - 4:21 pm updated: 9:42 pm.
- Sunny and warm today, rain on Sunday for Wyoming Valley - 9:35 am
- AAA: Local, state average gas prices climbed slightly overnight - 8:56 am
- Showers and thunderstorms expected as the weekend comes to a close - 8:02 am
- Rep. Lou Barletta participates in national security meeting with Donald Trump - 4:19 pm
- Luzerne County prison to resume employee drug testing, division head says - 1:56 pm
- AAA: State, national average gas prices climbed slightly overnight - 7:33 am
- Sunshine, slight chance of rain predicted as the weekend approaches - 7:25 am
- Casey calls for stop to eviction of domestic violence victims - 3:46 pm
- Federal prosecutors charge 2nd Luzerne County prison worker with extortion - 11:29 am updated: 4:03 pm.
- Harveys Lake awards bid for stormwater project work - 11:05 am
- Lane shifts in Kingston Twp. to remain in effect until winter - 9:39 am
- AAA: Average gas prices didn’t budge overnight - 7:32 am
- More showers, thunderstorms possible in the Wyoming Valley as the weekend approaches - 7:24 am
- Federal court filing challenges reactivation of Avoca environmental lawsuit - 12:01 am
AAA: Average gas prices continued their ascent overnight
Average gas prices continued to climb overnight, and the local average is up a dime from last week.AAA Mid-Atlantic provided the following data for to...
Sunshine expected in the Wyoming Valley into the weekend
The Wyoming Valley could see some rain today and into tonight, but sunshine is expected for the weekend.The National Weather Service indicated it was ...
Luzerne County prison oversight options debated in light of mounting problems
Luzerne County officials are debating how to step up oversight of the county prison system in light of recent high-profile problems.Amid ongoing strug...
Dallas Council 8224 of the Knights of Columbus donate $1,000 to Go Joe XIX fundraiser
The Dallas Council 8224 of the Knights of Columbus donated $1,000 to Joe Snedeker of WNEP-TV in his bike ride throughout the viewing area in Go Joe XI...
Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS receives $218,000 grant
DALLAS — Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS received a funding boost from a Department of Homeland Security grant to increase emergency perso...
A touch of Ireland moves into the Back Mountain with Clancy’s Bar and Grill in Dallas Twp.
DALLAS TWP. — A place of friendship and a relaxed atmosphere mixed with good food and drinks sums up the Back Mountain’s newest dining est...
Dallas’ Monk, Lake-Lehman’s McGovern and Eury are players to watch on Penn State football team
It wasn’t too long ago that Dallas High School grad Ryan Monk was sitting in Beaver Stadium, watching all the action from above. He and his fami...
Dallas golf team claims title at Tryba Preseason Tournament
EXETER – It was just a little more than a year ago when Tom Kilduff passed away while still being the head coach of Dallas’ golf team.His ...
Sean Robbins returns as Wilkes-Barre Triathlon champion
LEHMAN TWP. — While the 35th annual Wilkes-Barre Triathlon may not have been the most meaningful to Sean Robbins, it turned out to be one of his...
Dallas football program will rely on returning linemen for stability
PLYMOUTH – With new faces all around the backfield, Dallas will rely on returning linemen from a playoff-qualifying team for early stability dur...
Lake-Lehman football ready for battle
LEHMAN TWP. – More than ever, Lake-Lehman football coach Jerry Gilsky is thinking about his own team as the 2016 season approaches.In GilskyR...
Tunkhannock falls in Little League Softball East Regional Tournament
DALLAS TWP. – Tunkhannock handed the eventual champions their only loss, but fell short on a tiebreaker and missed out on a chance to pursue the...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Man on the Street: ‘What should students do to start the school year right?’
“Usually you need to go around to stores and get clothes, backpacks and stuff for your school uniform.”Jacob BaldricaDallas“Look aro...
Wilkes-Barre Academy receives EITC donation from Landmark Community Bank
Landmark Community Bank, through the EITC program, contributed to Wilkes-Barre Academy’s pre-k program. At the presentation, from left, are: Cap...
Misericordia University to hold nine fall prevention workshops in September
DALLAS TWP. — Misericordia University is giving senior citizens an opportunity to learn how to prevent falls in and out of the home with nine fr...
Misericordia hosted Communications and Media camp
Misericordia University hosted high school students for the Communications and Media Career Exploration Camp in June. Participating in the annual camp...
United Way of Wyoming Valley and Jewish Community Alliance partner to support summer learning
United Way of Wyoming Valley awarded the Jewish Community Alliance a $46,340 grant to support the JCC Day Camp for Children, using the grant funding f...
Wyoming County Players to present Summer Dessert Theater ‘Adam’s Eve’ Aug 20, 21 in Tunkhannock
The Wyoming County Players will present their annual Summer Dessert Theater, with the comedy ‘Adam’s Eve’ by Matthew Carlin at 3 p.m...
Chamber Notes: Back Mountain Chamber preps for fall events
July was a quiet month for the Back Mountain Chamber (BMC), as many members were enjoying some summer vacation time.Back in ParadiseThe Back Mountain ...
Rustique Specialty Gifts in Dallas offers a flare for the unique
DALLAS — When Brooke and Lauren Rakowski set out to fulfill an entrepreneurial goal they had one primary objective — to provide unusual gi...
The Styling Studio in Dallas has been in fashion for 25 years
DALLAS TWP. — Hairstyles have come and gone, but good customer service and coiffing skills have remained in fashion for 25 years at The Styling ...
Mohegan Sun Pocono casino’s new property assessment contested
The owner of the Mohegan Sun Pocono casino has filed an assessment appeal, arguing Luzerne County’s new $152.5 million tax assessment on the Pla...
Dallas Centre Hardware built a foundation of customer care
DALLAS — As Dave Hartman got his pool ready for a hot weekend, he made sure to get his supplies from Dallas Centre Hardware.The family-owned har...
Hunlock Creek couple turns antique silverware into wearable art
HUNLOCK CREEK — Joe Donnelly made his girlfriend, Kelly Holcomb, a bracelet out of an antique silver fork in 2013.Little did he know, the fun ch...