Noxen Powwow brings American Indians together to celebrate heritage
Tunkhannock Quilt and Artisans Walk Scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 1
PennEast Pipeline files 33 route changes with FERC
Wyoming Area, Dallas volleyball coach charged with corruption of minors
Veteran Lake-Lehman and young Dallas players successful on golf course
- Sunny days but cool evenings today and Monday in the Wyoming Valley - 10:05 am
- Luzerne County Council member interaction with workers and manager debated - 7:39 pm
- Noxen Powwow brings American Indians together to celebrate heritage - 6:09 pm updated: 2:03 pm.
- Tunkhannock Quilt and Artisans Walk Scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 1 - 9:45 am
- Police hunt for gunman who killed 5 at Washington state mall - 9:34 am updated: 5:25 pm.
- Sunshine but cool days and nights throughout the weekend in the Wyoming Valley - 9:23 am
- PennEast Pipeline files 33 route changes with FERC - 7:33 pm
- Wyoming Area, Dallas volleyball coach charged with corruption of minors - 7:16 pm updated: 7:43 pm.
- AAA: National average gas price dipped by a penny overnight - 7:38 am
- Rain possible into tonight; sunshine expected for the rest of the weekend - 7:30 am
- Luzerne County plans to end hand-writing of criminal court disposition sheets - 5:15 pm
- Tax payment change implemented in Northwest Area School District - 3:55 pm updated: 4:10 pm.
- AAA: State’s average gas price climbed slightly overnight - 7:48 am
- Clear skies, cooler temperatures expected for most of the weekend - 7:32 am
- Penn State/W-B scientist’s research delves into lizard behavior - 8:53 pm
- Back Mountain students earn degrees at Wilkes University - 8:38 pm
- ‘Immigration simulation’ teaches Misericordia students about real-world challenges, choices - 8:36 pm
- Dallas Knights of Columbus car show a success despite rainy weather - 8:34 pm
- Luzerne County capital project requests exceeds available funding - 6:41 pm updated: 8:19 pm.
- Harveys Lake American Legion Post 967 donates to Harveys Lake Fire Company - 3:55 pm
- Fall programs heating up at the Back Mountain Memorial Library - 3:52 pm
- Designer Bag Bingo to benefit Back Mountain Memorial Library is Oct. 9 at Dallas High School - 3:43 pm
- Luzerne, Huntsville United Methodist churches donate to ‘Dinner for Kids’ program - 3:39 pm
- Back Mountain Harvest Assembly holds watch fire, POW/MIA remembrance ceremony - 2:02 pm
- The Silver Broomstick flys into Shavertown, offers unique products, insight on Pagan beliefs - 1:58 pm updated: 2:17 pm.
- Dr. Patricia Thatcher named associate VP for Academic Affairs at Misericordia University - 1:01 pm
- AJ Pimm, of Dallas, will display hockey memorabilia at Back Mountain Memorial Library in October - 12:54 pm
- Dallas Senior Center menu for week of Sept. 26, 2016 - 12:11 pm
- AAA: State, national average gas prices up slightly from last week - 7:36 am
- Sunshine, warm temperatures expected for the rest of the week - 7:30 am
- Misericordia University faculty members break down presidential candidates by topic - 2:52 pm
- Back Mountain Community Partnership will no longer pursue regional police force - 2:47 pm
- Generosity of Blue Chip Farm Animal Refuge supporters give Bane a chance to walk again - 2:29 pm
- Antique Tractor & Machinery 2016 Fall Harvest Festival celebrates country fun - 2:25 pm
- AAA: Leak in Colonial Pipeline has done little to affect gas prices locally - 8:02 am
- Sunny skies, fog in the forecast for the Wyoming Valley - 6:49 am
- Luzerne County reducing dispatch wait for emergency medical responders - 7:30 pm updated: 9:02 pm.
- Rain expected today, sunshine to return as the week progresses - 7:26 am
- Luzerne County administration tackling two festering workforce issues - 10:18 pm
- Rain and possible thunderstorms in the forecast today for the Wyoming Valley - 9:24 am
- Sunny and warm today, showers could dampen the Wyoming Valley tonight and Sunday - 9:29 am
- Some Luzerne County property owners obtain removal from upcoming back-tax auction - 8:40 pm updated: 9:07 pm.
- Shavertown man allegedly failed to pay taxes - 4:17 pm
- AAA: Local average gas price down slightly overnight - 7:36 am
- Showers, thunderstorms could dampen the Wyoming Valley this weekend - 7:26 am
- Former Luzerne County controller Walter Griffith exiting probation on 2013 wiretap charge - 12:01 am
- AAA: Gas prices remain unchanged overnight, are down slightly from last week - 7:43 am
- Rain expected into the weekend in the Wyoming Valley - 7:26 am
- Not registered to vote yet? You can join the Birthday party or even the Jedi party, if you’d like - 8:20 pm
- Luzerne County voter registration is growing - 8:16 pm
Rain possible into tonight; sunshine expected for the rest of the weekend
The Wyoming Valley could see some rain today and into tonight, but sunshine is expected for the rest of the weekend.The National Weather Service indic...
Luzerne County plans to end hand-writing of criminal court disposition sheets
Luzerne County is one of a few governments across the country still using less efficient handwritten criminal court disposition sheets, but county Cou...
Tax payment change implemented in Northwest Area School District
UNION TWP. — Until further notice, township residents must mail their school real estate taxes to the Northwest Area School District.District of...
AAA: State’s average gas price climbed slightly overnight
The state’s average gas price climbed slightly overnight and is up 3 cents from last week.AAA Mid-Atlantic provided the following data for today...
Clear skies, cooler temperatures expected for most of the weekend
Aside from a slight chance of showers on Friday and into Friday night, the Wyoming Valley is in store for a sunny weekend.The National Weather Service...
Penn State/W-B scientist’s research delves into lizard behavior
LEHMAN TWP. — From the vantage point of the Eastern fence lizards waiting below, Renee Rosier had a giant hand and she was shaking a giant conta...
Back Mountain High School Sports Roundup for Sept. 14-20
Tuesday, Sept. 20GIRLS SOCCERLake-Lehman 6, Wyoming Seminary 0Mackenzie Love scored a hat trick and assisted on a fourth goal to spark the Black Knigh...
WVC Boys Soccer: Late goal propels Wyoming Seminary over Lake-Lehman
WYOMING — In a matchup that featured two of the top-four boys soccer teams in the Wyoming Valley Conference, Tuesday night’s game at Nesbi...
Back Mountain grads continue cross country success
Two former state cross country champions from Dallas led their college teams during the Spiked Shoe Invitational cross country meet Sept. 10 at Penn S...
H.S. football: Shavertown resident Ricky Morgan piling up yards, touchdowns for Scranton Prep
LEHMAN TWP. – More than one high school football team has had its season unravel with the loss of a key player or players to injuries.Scranton P...
Tunkhannock grad Mike Papi helps Akron RubberDucks win Double-A Eastern League baseball title
Tunkhannock graduate Mike Papi ended his third season of professional baseball as a champion on the second-highest level of the minor leagues.The Akro...
WVC Football: Ricky Morgan shines for Scranton Prep in win over Dallas
SCRANTON – Normally, Ricky Morgan is a quiet leader.Morgan, however, had no problem making sure his teammates knew what Saturday afternoon’...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Leo is at Blue Chip Farm Animal Refuge awaiting a fur-ever home
DALLAS — Leo is a 4-month-old orange tabby that is quite the character. He is up to date on his shots and feline testing. Leo gets along with ot...
Only Yesterday: Back Mountain residents attend Third Annual Teddy Bear Contest sponsored by the Overbrook Marketplace in Dallas in 1986
Editor’s note: The Dallas Post is 127 years old. Information for “Only Yesterday” is printed exactly as it appeared originally.20 ye...
Your Space: Share your favorite photos with Dallas Post readers
Bob Stiff, of Shavertown, recently took this photo of the Josiah Hess Covered Bridge in Columbia County. Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to ...
Man on the Street: ‘What’s your earliest memory?’
“Hanging over the front porch rail every day waiting for Louie Santangelo, tour town shoemaker, walk by after work.”Karen MertzDallas̶...
Misericordia nursing students receive their pins
Misericordia University held a pinning ceremony to recognize students who completed the part-time evening bachelor of Science Degree Nursing Program a...
Dallas Knights of Columbus to hold Car and Craft Show
The Dallas Knights of Columbus will be holding its fourth annual Car and Craft Show 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Back Mountain Bowl, Dallas. Car show p...
Move Better opens in Shavertown
KINGSTON TWP. — Ken Wall is breaking through the traditional stereotype fitness center business model with a cutting-edge plan to help his clien...
Hearing on PennEast Pipeline environmental impact set for Aug. 17 in Wilkes-Barre
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will hold a public hearing on the agency’s draft environmental impact study on the PennEast Pipeline fr...
Chamber Notes: Back Mountain Chamber preps for fall events
July was a quiet month for the Back Mountain Chamber (BMC), as many members were enjoying some summer vacation time.Back in ParadiseThe Back Mountain ...
Rustique Specialty Gifts in Dallas offers a flare for the unique
DALLAS — When Brooke and Lauren Rakowski set out to fulfill an entrepreneurial goal they had one primary objective — to provide unusual gi...
The Styling Studio in Dallas has been in fashion for 25 years
DALLAS TWP. — Hairstyles have come and gone, but good customer service and coiffing skills have remained in fashion for 25 years at The Styling ...
Mohegan Sun Pocono casino’s new property assessment contested
The owner of the Mohegan Sun Pocono casino has filed an assessment appeal, arguing Luzerne County’s new $152.5 million tax assessment on the Pla...