First Posted: 7/16/2014
The library’s farmers market, opened yesterday and will continue from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday until Oct. 11. The farmers offer a vast array of fresh produce, baked goods and so much more.
SUMMER READING ACTIVITIES
Reminder to parents: The library’s Summer Reading Program will continue throughout the summer. Parents may come into the library any time to register their children to begin reading logs for this fun program. This year’s theme, “Fizz, Boom Read,” will include science related stories and special programs .
There are also still a few openings for the following youth reading groups:
• Story Hours for children 1 and 2 years of age and those from 3 to 5 years of age.
• Early Readers’ Story Hour will be for children who have just completed kindergarten and first grade.
• Donuts & Discussion will be a book discussion group for tweens 9 through 12 years of age. The tweens enjoy refreshments and donuts, make new friends and learn the art of book discussion.
• The Young Adult Book Discussion Group is exploring the supernatural this summer. Teens 13 years of age and older are invited to take part in this fun group.
• Relax and Read is a reading and reviewing program for teens who would rather read and write than discuss. Teens write short reviews of any books they choose to read over the summer.
You may call the library at 570-675-1182 for more information on any of the above reading groups.