HARRISBURG —State Rep. Karen Boback’s office announced new outreach and satellite hours for October.
All offices will be closed on Monday, Oct. 10, due to Columbus Day.
A member of Boback’s staff will be available at the following locations:
• 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 11, at the Hunlock Creek Municipal Building, 33 Village Drive;
• 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Sweet Valley Church of Christ Multipurpose Building Office, 5439 Main Road; and
• 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Falls Senior Center, 2813 Sullivan’s Trail.
Also, the following outreach opportunities are announced:
• A Luzerne County Transportation Authority (LCTA) representative will offer seniors citizens information regarding services from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Oct. 12, at Boback’s Dallas office, 1108 Twin Stacks Drive.
• A caseworker from U.S. Congressman Lou Barletta (R-Hazleton) Office will be available from 10 a.m. to noon Monday, Oct. 17, at Boback’s Tunkhannock office, 133 W. Tioga St., Suite 4, Tunkhannock, to help those having problems with federal agencies and programs.
• Veterans outreach hours will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18, at the Dallas district office, 1108 Twin Stacks Drive. A Wilkes-Barre Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) claims consultant will be available.
• Center for Independent Living representative will be available from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 18, at the Tunkhannock office. Appointments required; call 570-836-4777.
• A representative from The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will be available from 10 a.m. to noon Monday, Oct. 24, at the Tunkhannock office to discuss educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
Reach the Dallas Post newsroom at 570-675-5211 or email [email protected]