KINGSTON TWP. — Melissa Chamberlain and James Reino were sworn into supervisor roles Monday.
Newcomer Chamberlain will serve her first four-year term on the board, replacing former Supervisor Jeffery Box, who did not seek re-election. Box served as a Kingston Township supervisor for 12 years.
Reino was re-elected supervisor, along with Sam Barbose, who was not in attendance at Monday’s reorganizational meeting.
In other business:
• Kathleen Sebastian will be township secretary, treasurer and representative for the Northeast Pennsylvania Insurance Cooperative Board for 2016.
• Reino will serve as township representative on the Back Mountain Community Partnership and Supervisor Shirley Moyer will serve as alternate.
• Moyer will be the assistant township secretary.
• Tara Oliver will be the township tax collector.
• Berkheimer Tax Administrator was appointed Earned Income Tax Collector.
• Benjamin R. Jones III will serve as township attorney to the board of supervisors and planning commission.
• Christopher Borton of Borton-Lawson Engineering will serve as township engineer.
• Barry Isett & Associates Inc. will serve as alternate township engineer.
• William Bachman will serve as a member of the Kingston Township Zoning Hearing Board.
• Keith Murray will serve a three-year term on the Civil Service Commission.
• Richard Morgan will serve a three-year term on the UCC Appeals Board.
• David Jenkins will serve a five-year term on the Dallas Area Municipal Authority Board of Directors.
• John Turner will serve as Emergency Management Administrator.
• Gary Beisel will serve as assistant Emergency Management Administrator.
• William M. Eck will serve as recording secretary to the planning commission, Uniform Construction Code Appeals Board and Zoning Hearing Board.
Regular monthly supervisor meetings are slated for 7:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at the municipal building on Center Street. Public work sessions will be held at 7 p.m. the preceding Monday.
The next regular board of supervisors meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 13.
Reach Eileen Godin at 570-991-6387 or on Twitter @TLNews.