DURYEA — A double-block home in the 600 block of Donnelly Street was damaged by a fire around 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Several residents were displaced in the blaze, but no injuries were reported.
In light of the fire, the Germania Hose Co. in Duryea issued a reminder about the importance of having a working smoke detector in each bedroom and on every floor of a structure.
“Everyone got out safe, but just in the nick of time,” said a posting on the department’s Facebook page.
The Germania Hose Co. has a limited reserve of free smoke detectors for residents who cannot afford them. For information, contact the station at 570-451-3750.